Here is a list of various ways to support the program. We need your support! Keep checking back for seasonal volunteering/donation opportunities.
JLHS Forensics “Pennies for Pins” Fundraiser
The team is planning a big and fun fundraiser which will take place on
Wednesday September 19, 2012 at the Cloverleaf Bowling Alley in
Fremont. The event will take place between the hours of 3:30-5:30 PM.
Parents this is a minimum day so the kids will not miss any
The team has the potential to raise a great sum of money to help with
costs that the team incurs. Due to the failure of Measure H the team
has to fundraise to make up for the loss of stipends that have been
drastically cut by the district. This opportunity will take a great
deal of planning, time, and most importantly participation from every
The fundraiser will require the kids to get donations from family,
friends, neighbors etc. The team captains will have some important
responsibilities to keep their individual teams motivated and working
together to reach their teams goals.
There will be meetings after school so that each team’s progress can
be monitored so that we can ensure that each team is working towards
reaching their goal. The team captains will have added
responsibilities of being the leaders and motivators to their
individual teams. The seniors will be team captains if we need more
captains we will pick juniors to ensure that we have enough.
The fundraiser is of course a tax write off to anyone that donates.
The kids will have donation receipts to give to their donors.
Parents, this will be a good bonding and team building experience. We
hope that you encourage your child to participate in this fundraiser
this will be very beneficial to the team and the kids.
JLHS Friends of Forensics eScrip Program
- Sign up today for the JLHS Friends of Forensics eScrip program and support the program through your regular shopping! Simply go to escrip.com and follow the sign up directions. Our account number is 500004066. eScrip is nationwide. Have friends and family throughout the U.S. sign up to support the program, it only takes 5 minutes!
- Once you’ve signed up, participating merchants provide a donation to the team every time you shop. Merchants include: Safeway, Big 5, Macy’s, Claim Jumper Restaurant, Food4Less, and many more. There are also a number of on-line merchants who participate in the program. See the site for details!
Corporate sponsors and cash donations
Please make checks payable to “Friends of Forensics.” Our mailing address is:
James Logan High School
c/o Tommie Lindsey
1800 H Street
Union City, CA 94587
Food and Paper Product Donations
We can always use the following items when we host a tournament, coaches needs, and special events:
- soda (canned or bottled, any size)
- water (bottled, any size)
- (new, sealed) food items:
- coffee (instant or ground)
- condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish, salad dressing, any size)
- sugar, creamer powder (any size)
- tea packets
- paper products / disposable products
- utensils (knives, forks, spoons)
- coffee stirrers
Please drop off your donation any time to room 408.
Give Youth a Voice Donations
- Click this link: Give Youth a Voice
- Donate to Friends of Forensics